By Laurie Ortiz Rivera
Falvey Library provides access to Grove Art Online, a product from Oxford University Press. Grove Art is an authority on visual arts, offering global coverage in collaboration with thousands of scholars and specialists worldwide. Through a single gateway, users can access, and cross-search art reference works including:
- Grove Dictionary of Art
- Encyclopedia of Aesthetics(2nd edition)
- The Oxford Companion to Western Art
- The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms.
- The Grove Encyclopedia of Decorative Arts, 2006
- The Grove Encyclopedia of Classical Art and Architecture, 2007
- The Grove Encyclopedia of Materials & Techniques in Art, 2008
- The Grove Encyclopedia of Islamic Art & Architecture, 2009
- The Grove Encyclopedia of American Art, 2010
- The Grove Encyclopedia of Medieval Art and Architecture, 2012
It has a search engine with sophisticated filtering options to refine by source, type, subject, and availability, with the possibility to save, print, or share articles. In addition to the vast number of entries (30,000 signed and peer-reviewed articles accompanied by images, bibliographies, and links to additional resources contributed by nearly 7,000 international scholars), Grove Art features learning resources (subject guides, timelines, and resources for educators designed by the Museum of Modern Art, NY) for use in art and art history classrooms.
Please, send us your feedback, and remember that you can request a new resource for the library. Feel free to contact Laurie Ortiz-Rivera, History and Art History Subject Librarian, if you need more information.
Laurie Ortiz Rivera, PhD, is Social Sciences Librarian at Falvey Library.