Advent Calendar Cookbook—Day 5: Lemon Love Notes
Recipe submitted by Gina Duffy, Communication & Marketing Program Manager (courtesy of her Gram, Margaret McNicholas)
- 2 cups of sifted flour.
- ½ cup of 10x sugar.
- 1 cup of butter (Cut in butter until it clings together).
- Press into a 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
Separately, beat together the following:
- 4 eggs.
- 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice.
- ¼ cup of flour.
- ½ tsp of baking powder.
- Stir into egg mixture and pour over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Her most important directions: “Cool, cut into bars and most importantly, “enjoy!’” Bars can be lighted dusted with powdered sugar to look like freshly fallen snow. This light and fruity dessert can be enjoyed all year round.