Advent Calendar Cookbook—Day 4: They’re Just Ranger Cookies
Submitted by Joanne Quinn, Director of Communication & Marketing
“My grandmother used to make these, and I used to eat them like it was my job! When people asked her what kind of cookie they were, she always answered ‘Oh, They’re Just Ranger Cookies.’ My dad, who’s 87, still asks me to make him a batch each Christmas.”
1 cup shortening.
1 cup sugar.
1 cup packed brown sugar.
2 large eggs, room temperature.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
2 cups all-purpose flour.
1 teaspoon baking soda.
1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
1/2 teaspoon salt.
2 cups quick-cooking oats.
2 cups crisp rice cereal.
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in oats, cereal and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown, 7-9 minutes.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
0 Comments »
No comments yet.