The official bird of summer? It must be the crane! Wherever you look, great improvements are underway all over Villanova’s campus. In the meantime, dealing with closures and other inconveniences can be frustrating, but we are here to offer suggestions on alternate places to study in the library.
Here in the library, our 24/7 lounge/coffee shop, Holy Grounds, will be closed from Monday, July 11, through Friday, August 19. And the Falvey Hall (Old Falvey) Reading Room and Lobby are already closed for major renovations being done in those areas. So, where else can the Falvey patrons go for quiet study or comfortable contemplation?
This video created by Gerald Dierkes, Information Services specialist, reveals some of Falvey’s perhaps lesser-known spaces that area available when the Library is open. (Please disregard the references to the temporarily closed 24 Hour Lounge (Holy Grounds), and the Falvey Hall (Old Falvey) Reading Room and Lobby.)
To summarize, alternatives are:
- Open seating areas on all floors (fourth floor is the quietest),
- Six group study rooms on the upper floors available for groups of two or more (you must check these out at the Circulation desk),
- The Griffin Room on the first floor
- Two meeting rooms, 204 and 205, on the second floor are possible study spaces when the Library is open. (You will need your Wildcard for access to the Griffin Room and rooms 204 and 205.)
- Accessible 24 hours with your Wildcard is (Old) Falvey Hall ground floor corridor.
Again, we hope that these short-lived inconveniences do not interrupt your summer study and library enjoyment too much. We believe that patrons will be greatly pleased with the planned improvements they’ll find this fall semester!