The Highlighter: St. Augustine’s "Confessions" Comes to Students’ Mobile Devices
Villanova University students studying St. Augustine’s Confessions may now benefit from an interactive digital app for their Apple or Android devices. This innovation provides several new ways to read and analyze the Confessions. Features include—
– interactive digital sourcebook—images, maps, timeline of Augustine’s life and journeys
– audio and visual components
– note-taking facility—annotate the text, jot down personal reflections
– expert commentary and explanatory notes—by Villanova professors and Augustine scholars from across the country
– recordings—by Villanova faculty and by University President the Rev. Peter M. Donohue, OSA, PhD, ’75 CLAS.
University professionals from the Augustine and Culture Seminar Program (ACSP), the Department of Computing Sciences, The Augustinian Institute at Villanova, and University Information Technologies (UNIT) collaborated to create this powerful app that expands students’ ability to understand and analyze the text (See press release for details).
Is this app available to anyone, only for the Villanova University community, or only for students taking the ACS program? Noël Dolan, director, academic learning communities, ACSP, explains, “Although we designed with a Villanova first-year student as our goal audience, the app is indeed for everyone.”
How can people get/purchase it? Dolan further explains, “It may be purchased from the App Store for iPad and iPhone, and Google Play for Android. Links to those sites may be found on our homepage.”
0 Comments »
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI