The Highlighter: Top Ten Things to Know About Falvey
Heading to the Library? Here are a few things you need to know.
1. Bring your Villanova University Wildcard: to enter the Library; to check out books, DVDs, library laptops and reserve readings; to use a group study room; to print and much more.
2. The Falvey home page is your gateway to rich resources, collections, links to our social media accounts and services.
3. Check the library catalog for print and web holdings: books, magazines, DVDs, audio books, new fiction, popular reading and more. The catalog links you to articles too!
4. Use the public workstations for paper writing, research, email and other applications. Other services: wireless connectivity, printing, photocopying and scanning.
5. Need a late-night place to study? Try Falvey’s 24/7 study lounge. When the Library is closed, enter by swiping your Wildcard at the exterior lounge door. Meet here during the day for coffee and special events.
Next door, the Falvey Hall lobby and its adjacent Reading Room, on Falvey Hall’s second floor, provide additional 24/7 study spaces.
6. Library materials have Library of Congress (LC) call numbers, not Dewey Decimal, so items are shelved alphabetically by the first letters of the call number, and then numerically (LA229.P34). There are two floors of circulating books above the main floor and three floors of circulating books in the Falvey West stacks.
7. Some current issues of magazines, newspapers and journals are available for browsing on the main floor. Many are online, so check Journal Finder or the library catalog. Print back issues are in our off-site collection. You can ask us to retrieve them or scan them by linking to Interlibrary Loan on our home page. This will take you to the ILLiad patron login screen where you can request electronic delivery of articles from the Falvey or off-site collection.
8. Can’t find what you need? Use E-ZBorrow and Interlibrary Loan to borrow items not owned by Falvey—at no cost to you.
9. Need a good job? Falvey hires student employees in many departments, such as Scholarly Outreach, Access Services, the Digital Library and Resource Management. Check the Student Jobs Directory on Villanova’s Office of Financial Assistance site.
10. Need help? Ask at the Information desk, call 610-519-4270, or use Live Chat. Need help with research? Ask a research consultation librarian, make an appointment, call 610-519-4273 or email your query.
Above all, please ask for assistance. We are here to connect you to the information you need, regardless of format or location. We are committed to your success!
0 Comments »
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI