By Allie Reczek and Daniella Snyder
Happy Friday, Wildcats! Falvey Memorial Library is happy to present a new edition of Weekend Recs, a blog dedicated to filling you in on what to read, listen to, and watch over the weekend. Daniella, graduate assistants from the English department, teams up with Allie Reczek, a Library’s undergraduate student worker, and, together, they scour the internet, peruse the news, and dig through book stacks to find new, relevant, and thought-provoking content that will challenge you and prepare you for the upcoming week.
Happy New Year, Wildcats! It’s the start of a new decade and with that comes waves of stories that shock the world. One of the top, early headlines of 2020 is Prince Harry’s and Meghan Markle’s decision to step back from their senior duties in the royal family, with their goals to become financially independent and split their time between the United Kingdom and North America.
With this change within the royal family, many questions arise, such as how the couple plans to support themselves and what they will do with their time now. Stay up to date with our weekend recommendations:
- If you have 3 minutes: Listen to this NPR podcast about the split.
- If you have 5 minutes: Watch this video summarizing the news from People Magazine.
- If you have 9 minutes and you’re as obsessed with Meghan Markle as Daniella is: Watch this Youtube video of the speech she gave at the UN Women Conference in 2015.
- If you have 15 minutes: Read this CNN article discussing the logistics of separation from the Royal Family.
- Finally, if you’re bored this weekend and in the mood for a total television binge: Watch Suits on USA, a television show Markle starred on before her royal marriage.
What do you think of this change? Tell us on social!
Allie Reczek is a sophomore Psychology Major and works as a Communication & Marketing Assistant in Falvey; Daniella Snyder is a Graduate Assistant in the Communication & Marketing department at Falvey.