Foto Friday: Presidential Papers
Former President Barack Obama’s memoir “A Promised Land” is the latest presidential memoir to be released. The first of two volumes, the book “encompasses parts of his early political life and his presidential campaign in 2008.” Whether you’ve already read “A Promised Land,” or are awaiting a copy of the memoir, be sure to explore President Obama’s other novels: “Dreams from My Father” and “The Audacity of Hope.” Former First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama’s memoir “Becoming” is also available for contactless pickup at Falvey Library.
Looking for more resources about U.S. presidents? Be sure to explore these links curated by Merrill Stein, Political Science Librarian.
- The Founding Era Collection—Documentary History (The University of Virginia Press)
- American History Documents, 1493-1945 (The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History)
- The American Presidency Project (UC Santa Barbara)
- U.S. Presidents (Miller Center)
- U.S. Presidential Library—Public Papers in HeinOnline (Subscription courtesy of the Charles Widger School of Law)
- America: History & Life (EBSCOhost)
- Political Leaders and their Assessment
- Presidential Biographies