Advent Calendar Cookbook—Day 9: Mixed Vegetable Salad
Recipe submitted by Migena Rrapushaj, Access and Collections Specialist
“My mom has made this salad for as long as I can remember. She also tends to not measure when cooking (she always says she measures with her eyes), so these are mostly my estimated measurements therefore the volume of this dish can be adjusted.”
- 1 red pepper.
- 1 yellow pepper.
- 1 orange pepper.
- 1 to 2 eggplants depending on their size.
- 1 sliced zucchini (optional).
- salt and pepper.
- 2 to 3 tbsp olive oil, or more!
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar.
- 2 to 4 cloves of sliced or finely chopped garlic.
- fresh parsley (dry parsley or oregano also works).
- Cut the vegetables up into thick or thin strips, however you desire, and coat them with some salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil before roasting them in the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes at 375 degrees, or until the desired doneness is reached.
- Afterwards, toss them with lots of olive oil, a bit of apple cider vinegar, the parsley, and garlic.
“It’s one of my favorite side dishes for any occasion, it’s very colorful and flavorful!”