Falvey Library patrons can now scan and email/save/print their scanned images. Ensuring CDC Guidelines are being followed, Luisa Cywinski, Director of Access Services, announced the return of this essential service for Villanova students, staff, and faculty.
“In response to student requests, the library has reinstalled the Knowledge Imaging Center (KIC) Scanner and, in compliance with safety protocols, we will replace the touchscreen protector and clean the keyboard cover daily.”
The KIC Scanner is located at the Access Services front desk on Falvey’s first floor and is available for use during building hours from Monday through Sunday, 6 a.m. until midnight. Here’s a brief set of instructions, but don’t worry, if you forget, there is a sign right next to the scanner to remind you!
Book and Document Scanner Instructions:
- Place document or book on scanner glass, and close the lid.
- Press Scan.
- Press Accept & Scan.
- Scan will appear on screen!
- Press Compose Content to make image adjustments.
- Press Scan to scan additional documents or pages.
To Email Scans:
- Press Save PDF file(s) via Email.
- Villanova username and password required!
- Press Print.
- Villanova username required. Enter only once! The second window will automatically enter your username.
To Save to a USB Device:
- Insert USB Device.
- Press Save PDF file(s) to USB.
- Press End Session when finished.
Questions? Visit the Service Desk for assistance! Patrons may also submit an ILLiad request to scan a physical item in Falvey’s collection or request electronic copies of articles from other library collections. For additional information email email@example.com.