Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour began last night at Lincoln Financial Field. Performing for sold out crowds Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, Swift’s tour “marks the stadium’s second three-night residency; the first was Bruce Springsteen, naturally (and his dates weren’t even consecutive).” Born in West Reading, PA., and spending time in Wyomissing, PA., and Stone Harbor, NJ, Swift has many ties to the Philadelphia area. This weekend marks Swift’s first time performing in South Philly since 2018.
Whether you’re a Swiftie, or just interested in learning more about the cultural phenomenon surrounding the pop star, check out the Falvey Library resources below:
- Weekend Recs: Red (Taylor’s Version)
- The Words and Music of Taylor Swift (Perone, 2017) *eBook
- Taylor Swift (Olson, 2021) *eBook
- Taylor Swift (Peppas, 2011) *eBook
- Taylor Swift: Superstar Singer and Songwriter (Schwartz, 2019) *eBook
- Taylor Swift: Country Pop Hit Maker (Nelson, 2013) *eBook
- Taylor Swift: Country & Pop Superstar (Houser, 2012) *eBook
- “Philly (Taylor’s Version) — Here’s all of our Taylor Swift coverage in one place” (The Philadelphia Inquirer)
- “How Philly Is Celebrating Taylor Swift in May 2023” (Visit Philadelphia)
- “Taylor Swift mural unveiled on South Street in time for the singer’s Philly concerts” (PhillyVoice)
- “Swiftadelphia’: Excitement building for Taylor Swift’s concert at Linc” (CBS)
Kallie Stahl ’17 MA is Communication and Marketing Specialist at Falvey Library. Her favorite Taylor Swift album is Folklore (pictured above).