Photo Friday: Villanova Students Donate More Than 500 Pounds of Books
During the spring semester move-out in May, recycling bins were provided by the Villanova Recycling Office with plans for “collecting, sorting, and donating to local charities all usable items left behind by the students.”
In all, Villanova students donated over 500 pounds of books that were then delivered to Falvey Memorial Library on June 14.
Renee Boyd-Shaw and three students from the Center for Access, Success, and Achievement (CASA)—pictured above—sorted through the donations for CASA’s Lending Library. The small library of books and textbooks are accessible for CASA students to checkout for the semester.
According to the department’s website, “The Lending Library has proven to be a valuable resource to help defray the costs of instructional materials that students may need for class.” More than 80 percent of the recycled books were added to CASA’s Lending Library. The other 20 percent were added to Falvey Library’s collection or donated to Better World Books for resale.
Thank you to all the students who recycled their books for future Villanovans!
Kallie Stahl ’17 MA is Communication and Marketing Specialist at Falvey Memorial Library.
IF YOU HAVE BOOKS ON LOAN AND ARE WORRIED ABOUT RETURNING THEM, DON’T STRESS
We recognize the University holiday closure and COVID-19 pandemic will prevent many students and faculty from returning loaned books.
Here is what you need to know:
LOANS AND BORROWING
- The Library has stopped assessing overdue fines on Falvey materials.
- The E-ZBorrow and ILLiad services can be used to request books and DVDs from other libraries.
- Due dates for interlibrary loan (ILL) books vary and are imposed by the lending library. Email email@example.com for questions about ILL loans.
- Fall 2020 graduates may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a pre-paid shipping label to return their books.
- Falvey and E-ZBorrow books checked out in fall 2020 will be due back Jan. 31, 2021.
- Books can be returned 24/7 at the outdoor book drop (outside the main entrance). Returns also accepted inside the library building Monday—Friday, 9 a.m.—5 p.m. Wildcard and mask are required for building access.
- Email email@example.com for questions about returns. View your checked out items here.