By Kallie Stahl
Attention faculty and Villanova seniors: Falvey Scholar Award nominations are now being accepted. The Falvey Scholar Awards are given each spring semester to individual or group projects of seniors who have completed exemplary (and publicly presentable) scholarship or research during their undergraduate careers at Villanova. The awards traditionally have an emphasis on work that has required substantial use of scholarly literature of the sort provided and supported by the library.
- Faculty can nominate students until Sunday, March 24 at 11:59 p.m. by using the link provided on following page: http://library.villanova.edu/about/projects/falveyscholars/
- Once nominated, students will be asked to apply in order to be considered for the award by using a link on the same page. Faculty mentors who plan to nominate should encourage students to apply.
- Please consider nominating a student who exemplifies the awards criteria.
- Villanova seniors, if you’d like to be considered for the Falvey Scholar award urge your faculty mentor to nominate you by forwarding them the nomination link provided on following page: http://library.villanova.edu/about/projects/falveyscholars/
- Students MUST be nominated by a faculty mentor before applying in order to be considered for the award.
- The deadline for faculty nominations is Sunday, March 24 at 11:59 p.m. The deadline for student applications is Sunday, April 7 at 11:59 p.m.
The Falvey Scholar award is an annual program established by Falvey Memorial Library and the Center for Research and Fellowships to recognize outstanding undergraduate research. Winners will be recognized at an awards ceremony on Friday, April 26, at 10 a.m., that will include presentations by the award recipients on the content and findings of the research involved in the writing of the thesis or creation of the project report.
Kallie Stahl ’17 MA is Communication and Marketing Specialist at Falvey Memorial Library.
0 Comments »
No comments yet.