Calling first-year students of ALL majors!
The Center for Research and Fellowships (CRF) invites you to participate in the Villanova Match Research Program for First Year Students, which is an excellent way to get a feel for the types of research conducted by students and faculty across all disciplines, from business to biology, mechanical engineering, psychology, economics, and more. The idea that research is only for scientists and engineers is a myth! Selection committees for nationally competitive fellowships (like Fulbright and Rhodes), graduate schools, and employers increasingly exhibit sincere interest in students who have conducted research—even if they do not intend to become professional researchers!
This program provides opportunities for first year undergraduates across all colleges to pursue undergraduate research in the Spring 2024 semester. Applicants do not need substantial research experience. Selected students will serve as research assistants to faculty mentors. If selected for the Match program, students will conduct research for 10 hours per week for 10 weeks for which they will receive a $1000 stipend. The grant period will begin in Spring 2024. Research projects can be viewed on the CRF website: http://www1.villanova.edu/villanova/provost/crf/undergraduate-research/villanova-match-research-program.html
To apply for the Match Research Program, please complete the following steps:
- Review the research projects listed on the CRF webpage and identify a project that interests you. You may apply for opportunities outside of your college and major! You may apply for multiple opportunities!
- Email your application directly to the Faculty Research Mentor by Friday, November 10th at 11:59 p.m.
A complete application consists of the following:
- One-page resume
- One-page cover letter
- Combine resume and cover letter into one PDF file
- This PDF file should be named: LastName_FirstName_Match Application
- Email subject line should contain: Match Research Program Application, LastName
- The Faculty Research Mentor will review your application and should contact you to interview for the position in November or early December.
- Application decisions will be communicated by December 16.
Please feel free to send any and all questions about the Match Program to email@example.com.
The Match Research Program can get you the valuable research experience and help you stand out to future employers! Don’t miss this excellent opportunity!
The VURF program is presented by the Center for Research and Fellowships with support of Falvey Library.
Regina Duffy is a Communication and Marketing Program Manager at Falvey Library.
0 Comments »
No comments yet.