Looking for some reading recommendations for the new year? Former President Barack Obama shared his favorite books of 2022. His recommendations are listed below. All titles are available at Falvey Library through interlibrary loan.
- The Light We Carry: Overcoming in Uncertain Times by Michelle Obama
- Sea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel
- Trust by Hernan Diaz
- The Revolutionary: Samuel Adams by Stacy Schiff
- The Furrows by Namwali Serpell
- South to America: A Journey Below the Mason-Dixon to Understand the Soul of a Nation by Imani Perry
- The School for Good Mothers by Jessamine Chan
- Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson
- Ducks: Two Years in the Oil Sands by Kate Beaton
- An Immense World: How Animal Senses Reveal the Hidden Realms Around Us by Ed Yong
- Liberation Day by George Saunders
- The Candy House by Jennifer Egan
- Afterlives by Abdulrazak Gurnah
- “The 10 Best Books of 2022” (The New York Times)
- “The 100 Must-Read Books of 2022” (Time)
- “The 10 Best Books of 2022” (The Washington Post)
- “The Best Books of 2022” (The New Yorker)
- “The Best Books of 2022” (NPR)
- “Best Books of 2022” (The New York Public Library)
- “Literary Critics Give Their Takes on the Best Books of 2022” (PBS)
Falvey Library staff shared their reading recommendations last year, if you’d like to add more titles to your “to be read” list.
Kallie Stahl ’17 MA is Communication and Marketing Specialist at Falvey Memorial Library.
0 Comments »
No comments yet.