By Nicole Daly
Love Data Week 2023 is only four weeks away!
February 13-17, 2023, marks the annual international celebration of Love Data Week! This year’s theme is “Data: Agent of Change,” focusing on inspiring significant change through data, whether large or small, ranging from policy change, structural change, and social change! If you have not participated previously, now is the time! Learn more at https://myumi.ch/ICPSRlovedata23. #LoveData23
Let’s help new and seasoned data users find data training and resources to move the needle on issues they care about. It is easy!
Here are 10 simple ways to get involved.
- Follow @lovedataweek on Twitter and Instagram.
- Attend one (or more!) of the Love Data Week activities virtually from wherever you are. Check out the calendar of events. New events are still being added so check back soon!
- Host your own event. Want it added to the calendar? Submit your events and we’ll add it! Event ideas include:
Data management and sharing workshop
Finding data demo with your favorite data archive(s)
Participate in ICPSR’s yearly Adopt a Dataset Program
Highlight impacts of recent local data-driven research
Share an activity or project for teaching with data
Host a data-thon where teams combine, analyze or visualize datasets on a key topic
Pick a crowdsourced project at a site like Zooniverse and host a data contribution party
- Recognize colleagues for their participation in Love Data Week activities and events with a Love Data Week-specific Certificate of Participation.
- Post your own Love Data Week activities on social media with the hashtag #lovedataweek23.
- Use a cool Love Data Week background graphic as your Zoom background or screensaver.
- Download, print, and share Love Data Week stickers with friends, students, and colleagues. |
- Have a data trivia contest with your team, office, staff, classroom, students, or family – and tell us what happened. (If you’re following us on social media, you’ll be able to see our daily trivia questions during Love Data Week.)
- Spread the word about Love Data Week 2023 to maximize participation and creative events.
- Sign up to receive Love Data Week update emails to get the latest news on activities and posts!
Nicole Daly is Communication Librarian at Falvey Memorial Library.
0 Comments »
No comments yet.