Advent Calendar Cookbook—Day 23: Stuffed French Toast
Advent Calendar Cookbook—Day 23: Stuffed French Toast (Sally Jessy Raphael)
Recipe submitted by Kallie Stahl, Communication & Marketing Specialist
“Served annually at the Stahl’s holiday brunch, this recipe pairs well with traditional egg casseroles. You can prep this dish the night before which makes it a quick and tasty option for Christmas morning!”
- 8 slices white bread (crusts removed).
- 12 eggs.
- Two (8 oz.) cream cheese (softened) cut into small cubes.
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup.
- 2 cups milk.
- Place half the bread in the bottom of a 9×13 ungreased casserole dish.
- Cut the cream cheese into small cubes and place them on top of white bread.
- Top cream cheese with remaining bread.
- Mix eggs, maple syrup and milk; Pour mixture over bread, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning: Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup (optional: top with powdered sugar).
0 Comments »
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI