Advent Calendar Cookbook—Day 17: HERSHEY’S Peanut Butter Blossoms
Recipe summited by Rebecca Oviedo, Distinctive Collections Archivist
“I am sure my grandmother baked these every year since they became popular in 1957. And then my dad and I baked them. This year my son helped by unwrapping the HERSHEY Kisses, but somehow they didn’t all make it to the plate!”
- 48 HERSHEY’S Kisses Milk Chocolate.
- 1/2 cup shortening.
- 3/4 cup Reese’s Creamy Peanut Butter.
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar.
- 1 egg.
- 2 tbsp milk.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1 tsp baking soda.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, for rolling (additional).
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup of granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into the center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet and onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
Recipe via HERSHEY’S.
0 Comments »
No comments yet.