Advent Calendar Cookbook—Day 16: Mézeskalács
Recipe submitted by Beaudry Allen, Preservation and Digital Archivist
- 1/2 cup honey.
- 4 tablespoons butter.
- 1/2 cup sugar.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
- 2-1/2 cups flour.
- 2 teaspoons baking soda.
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons powdered ginger.
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 2 eggs.
- To start, melt the butter and honey in a small pot.
- Eventually mix in both kinds of sugar, but don’t boil. Let the mixture cool before moving to step 4.
- In a bowl, stir together 2 cups of the flour, the salt, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- After cooling butter, honey, and sugar, beat the eggs and add them in.
- Add the ingredients in your pot to the dry ingredients.
- Mix dough well. If need be, divide into pieces for easier storage.
- Seal in plastic or foil and refrigerate chunks of dough overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Taking one chunk at a time, roll out your dough on a floured surface and cut with cookie cutters of your choosing.
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate cutouts for 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) for about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack and cool completely before decorating.
- Decorate Mézeskalács.
0 Comments »
No comments yet.