Advent Calendar Cookbook—Day 8: Ginger Cremes
Recipe submitted by Annie Stockmal, Graduate Assistant at Falvey Library
- 2¼cup flour.
- 1 tsp. baking soda.
- ½ tsp. cloves.
- 2 tsp ginger.
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon.
- ¼ tsp salt.
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine.
- 1 cup sugar.
- 1 egg.
- ½ cup molasses.
- Combine flour, ginger, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on low for 30 seconds to soften.
- Add 1 cup sugar, egg, molasses.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape mix in 1½ inch balls, roll in the 2 tbsp. of sugar (or flour the bottoms), and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 330° for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool and frost with vanilla icing.
0 Comments »
No comments yet.