Advent Calendar Cookbook—Day 7: Sweet Cornbread
Recipe submitted by Sarah Wingo, Librarian for English Literature, Theatre, and Romance Languages & Literature
- ½ cup butter (helps if you leave it out to soften for a bit before you begin).
- 1 cup sugar.
- 2 eggs.
- 2 cups flour.
- 6 tablespoons cornmeal (I will sometimes add a little more).
- 3 teaspoons baking powder.
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda.
- 1 cup milk.
- ¼ – ½ stick softened butter to spread over top of bread after it finishes baking.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease 9×13 pan.
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs to butter and sugar mixture.
- In a separate bowl combine remaining dry ingredients.
- Add combined dry ingredients into the sugar butter egg mixture.
- Add milk.
- Pour cornbread batter into greased pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (will usually turn a slightly golden brown color).
- Immediately after removing from over spread top of cornbread generously with soft butter (usually I will use just about ¼ – ½ of a stick of butter).
0 Comments »
No comments yet.