Advent Calendar Cookbook—Day 3: Christmas Bark
Recipe submitted by Anna Jankowski, ’22 CLAS
- 48 saltine crackers (about 1 sleeve; enough to line a rimmed baking sheet).
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter.
- 1 ½ cups packed light brown sugar.
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (about 11 ounces).
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange the saltine crackers in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Place the butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla in a 2-quart saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring just a few times, for 3 minutes. The mixture will be thickened slightly and homogeneous.
- Working quickly, pour the hot toffee mixture over the crackers, spreading it so most of the crackers are completely covered.
- Bake until the toffee is bubbling and both the crackers and toffee are beginning to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Let the chocolate melt for 5 minutes, then use a spatula to spread the chocolate into an even layer. Set aside to cool for at least 2 hours before cutting into 30 pieces.
For more bark recipes visit this website.
1 People Like This Post
0 Comments »
No comments yet.