Announcing Mindfulness Mondays
The Villanova community is cordially invited to join us for a taste of mindfulness meditation on Mondays from 1-1:30 p.m. this fall. This virtual series began with the first meditation on Monday, Aug. 29, and will run on Monday afternoons throughout the semester until the last session on Monday, Dec. 19.
Mindfulness Mondays will offer a comfortable space where you are guided and encouraged to stop and focus on the “here and now.” Mindfulness is proven to reduce stress and enhance well being, which can be beneficial to all faculty, staff, and students.
Sessions will take place each week via Zoom. Please follow this link to join each week: https://villanova.zoom.us/j/99049034689
Mindfulness Mondays are presented by Campus Ministry and co-sponsored by Falvey Memorial Library. Registration is not required. All are welcome to attend these ACS-approved events! Please join us!
To learn more about the practice and benefits of mindfulness meditation, we invite you to read some of the following e-books which are part of Falvey Library’s collection:
- Mindfulness for Students: Embracing Now, Looking to the Future
- Mindfulness and Meditation: Handling Life with a Calm and Focused Mind
- Psychology of Mindfulness
- Mindfulness at Work: The Practice and Science of Mindfulness for Leaders, Coaches and Facilitators
- Mindfulness Made Simple: An Introduction to Finding Calm Through Mindfulness and Meditation
- Mindfulness for Every Day
- The Mindfulness Solution
- Mindfulness Made Easy: Teach Yourself
These e-books are available to any student, faculty, or staff with a valid Villanova email address.
Please also check out these helpful resources being offered by Campus Ministry:
- Campus Resources for Spirituality
- VU Campus Ministry on Facebook and Instagram
- Campus Ministry Staff Contact Information
For FREE guided meditations, please see UCLA’s Mindful Awareness Research Center website.
Regina Duffy is a Communication and Marketing Program Manager at Falvey Memorial Library.
0 Comments »
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI