Skip Navigation
Falvey Library
Advanced
You are exploring: Home > Blogs

Photo Friday: Villanova Students Donate More Than 500 Pounds of Books

Renee Boyd-Shaw and three students from the Center for Access, Success, and Achievement (CASA) sort through recycled books for CASA's Lending Library.

Renee Boyd-Shaw and three students from the Center for Access, Success, and Achievement (CASA) sort through recycled books for CASA’s Lending Library. Photo courtesy of Shawn Proctor, Communication and Marketing Program Manager.


During the spring semester move-out in May, recycling bins were provided by the Villanova Recycling Office with plans for “collecting, sorting, and donating to local charities all usable items left behind by the students.”

In all, Villanova students donated over 500 pounds of books that were then delivered to Falvey Memorial Library on June 14.

Renee Boyd-Shaw and three students from the Center for Access, Success, and Achievement (CASA)—pictured above—sorted through the donations for CASA’s Lending Library. The small library of books and textbooks are accessible for CASA students to checkout for the semester.

According to the department’s website, “The Lending Library has proven to be a valuable resource to help defray the costs of instructional materials that students may need for class.” More than 80 percent of the recycled books were added to CASA’s Lending Library. The other 20 percent were added to Falvey Library’s collection or donated to Better World Books for resale.

Thank you to all the students who recycled their books for future Villanovans!


Kallie Stahl ’17 MA is Communication and Marketing Specialist at Falvey Memorial Library.

 

 


 


Like

0 Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a comment

 


Last Modified: July 8, 2022

800 Lancaster Ave., Villanova, PA 19085 610.519.4500 Contact