Meet New E-ZBorrow Platform: ReShare
The new E-ZBorrow platform, ReShare, allows Falvey Memorial Library to improve service to our patrons by using the latest library technology. The open source code gives libraries more customization options and allows them to more quickly adapt to new technologies and patron needs while keeping operating costs down. The new platform is also owned and governed by a community of libraries and developers, promoting collaboration across libraries and institutions and creating more opportunities for future functionality and patron benefits than ever before.
All of this gives you world-class access to library collections that will only improve going forward!
What will be different?
- A new and improved search interface, allowing users to easily browse, find, and request materials held at our 60+ partnering institutions (pictured right)
- A new login page that makes use of the same single sign-on username/password that you’re used to using elsewhere at Villanova University
- More tools to help library staff fill your requests faster and more accurately
- A new E-ZBorrow logo
What will be the same?
Although the underlying technology is changing, the key benefits of the E-ZBorrow service remain the same. You can still check out books from any one of the 60+ university and research library partners around our region with the same speed, efficiency, and convenience that E-ZBorrow has always provided!
Planned Future Enhancements
Today, this new platform supports interlibrary borrowing of books and other physical items in the way you’ve come to expect from E-ZBorrow. In the future, this platform will also allow patrons to borrow electronic materials. Please stay tuned as we continue to improve our interlibrary loan program using this new technology!
What do you need to do?
- Keep requesting materials as usual! Although the platform is changing, the service is the same.
- If you wish to keep your request history, contact us before August 31 for help downloading this information. This information cannot be moved into the new system, and after August 31st, it will no longer be available. Instructions will also be shared in a follow-up blog in the very near future.
Questions? Contact us!
Although we aim to make this transition as smoothly as possible, we expect there will be questions. Please don’t hesitate to contact our library staff using the information below:
To login to E-ZBorrow, please visit: https://library.villanova.edu/using-the-library/illservices.
0 Comments »
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI