Announcing the 2021 Falvey Scholars
Announcing the 2021 Falvey Scholar Award Winners:
- Project Title: “How Effective Were COVID-19 Lockdown Policies? Mobility Changes After Reopening Industries in Four States”
- Faculty Mentor: Zeynep Yom, PhD
- Project Title: “The Atomic Interaction between Polymers and Two-Dimensional Materials”
- Faculty Mentor: Bo Li, PhD
Danielle Markey and Tara Reddy
- Project Title: “Interprofessional Collaboration Promotes Parkinson’s Medication Safety”
- Faculty Mentor: Diane M. Ellis, MSN, RN, CCRN
- Project Title: “The (Dis)Invention of Black Womanhood: A Rhetorical Analysis of Intersectional Oppression within Cosmetics Practices”
- Faculty Mentor: Billie Murray, PhD
- Project Title: “Spatial and Temporal Study of Drought and Violence Incidence in Darfur, Sudan”
- Faculty Mentor: Francis A. Galgano, PhD
- Project Title: “Use of an Orally Delivered Oxidized Cholesterol to Relieve Inflammatory Bowel Disease Symptoms in a Mouse Model”
- Faculty Mentor: Anil K. Bamezai, PhD
- Project Title: “Examining Violence Against Indigenous Women in the United States through a Settler Colonialist Framework”
- Faculty Mentor: Brianna Remster, PhD
Join us on Friday, April 30, at 9 a.m., for the 2021 Falvey Scholars Virtual Research Presentation and Awards Ceremony. At the event, award recipients will give short presentations on the content and findings of the research involved in the writing of the thesis or in the creation of the project report.
Please register for the event here.
The Falvey Scholar award is an annual program established by Falvey Memorial Library to recognize outstanding undergraduate research. It is a collaborative initiative of the Library and the Center for Research and Fellowships. The winners of the Falvey Scholar award are selected from a pool of candidates that will be generated by applications submitted by a senior Villanova University student or a group of students working on a senior project together with the recommendation of the advisor to the senior thesis or capstone project completed for academic credit.
Digital copies of the winning papers are maintained in the Digital Library. View the 2021 Falvey Scholars Awards virtual booklet.
0 Comments »
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI