Celebrate Earth Week 2021 with the campus events below!
Pre-Earth Week Events
Sustainable Living Conversations: Students
- Sustainable Fashion—Friday, April 9 at 1 p.m.; Led by: Sarah Wisniewski ’22 Psychology and Delaina Castillo ’21 Environmental Science.
- Eating Vegan or Vegetarian on Campus—Wednesday, April 14 at 7 p.m.; Led by: Amelia Robinson ’21 Psychology and Jameson Parker ’21 Finance.
Sustainable Living Conversations: Faculty and Staff
- Mastering a Vegetarian Diet—Wednesday, April 14 at 12 p.m.; Led by: Deena Weisberg, Assistant Professor of Psychological and Brain Sciences, and Steven Goldsmith, Associate Professor of Geography and the Environment.
- Explore Renewable Energy Solutions for Your Home—Friday, April 16 at 12 p.m.; Led by: Christopher Kilby, Professor of Economics, and Scott Dressler, Professor of Economics.
Earth Week Events
Monday, April 19
- Climate (De)Regulation in the Courts—Tune in from 4-5 p.m. to hear from Villanova University’s Charles Widger School of Law Professor Todd Aagaard on the state of regulating climate change pollutants in the United States.
Wednesday, April 21
- Earth Day T-Shirt Tie Dye—Tie dye this year’s Earth Day t-shirt for free! Come by between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. outside by “the Oreo.” Pre-signup is required to manage crowding. The first 250 people get a free mask to tie dye!
Thursday, April 22
- Campus Tree Tour—11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., meet under Corr Arch. Learn about all the amazing trees on campus from Villanova’s Horticulturalist Hugh Weldon. Pre-registration is required.
- Keynote Address—Join us at 5:30 p.m. to hear from renowned climate scientist Katharine Hayhoe, PhD, an endowed Professor in Public Policy and Public Law and Co-Director of the Climate Center at Texas Tech University, on “Christians, Climate, and our Culture in the US.” Pre-registration is required.
- Quizzo: Earth Day Edition—9-10:30 p.m.; Enjoy your weekly Quizzo with a green twist. The questions for the night won’t be the only thing centered around the Earth Day theme, so will the food and prizes.
Friday, April 23
- Earth Day Food Truck Friday—Sustainability themed food trucks will be set up along the Campus Green area (right by the road along Falvey) and will be handing out samples to students between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
Saturday, April 24
- Sustainability Market on the Green—Enjoy an evening market filled with sustainability vendors and products from 6-9 p.m. Free giveaways, along with items for sale, will fill out our first Sustainability Market on the Green.
- Open Mic For Justice—The open mic is a space for a wide range of solo or group artistic expressions. Music, song, dramatic readings, comedy, sketches and skits, dance, and beyond are welcome. We ask that all performances somehow address an issue of social justice. Performances should not exceed five minutes. The event will take place from 7-8:50 p.m. and 9-10:50 p.m. on the green near the Riley Ellipse.
0 Comments »
No comments yet.