This banner shows a quotation by the Rev. Thomas Galberry, OSA, 9th University President, 1872-1876.
“We have all assembled to see the emblem of our faith raised on this magnificent structure dedicated to the purpose of education.” The “magnificent structure” to which Father Galberry refers is Alumni Hall; the cross was raised in 1873.
Michael Foight, Special Collections and Digital Library coordinator, researched in the University Archives to find the information used on these banners.
The photograph below shows a modern view of “the emblem of our faith” on the dome of Alumni Hall.
Photographs by Alice Bampton, Communication and Marketing Dept.
0 Comments »
No comments yet.