Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database – Try it out until Sept. 14!
A warm welcome back to everyone at the College of Nursing!
We’re starting off the semester with trial access to the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database, and we’d love to have your feedback. This Database is the most comprehensive resource available for evidence-based, reliable information on natural ingredients, commercial products, and alternative therapies. Please take a few moments to review the Database by going directly to the website (http://www.naturaldatabase.com) from any Villanova University computer. You will be automatically logged in. From off-campus use
Major features of Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database:
- Up-to-date information on over 85,000 natural medicines (safety, effectiveness, adverse reactions, etc)
- Access to feature articles on over 1,200 ingredients
- Printable patient handouts (available in English, Spanish, & French)
- Natural Medicines Brand Evidence-based Ratings (NMBERTM). Each brand name product on their website has been assigned an evidence-based overall product rating (on a scale of 1 to 10). This rating is based on a rigorous, systematic process that synthesizes data on safety, effectiveness, and product quality.
- The “Natural Product / Drug Interaction Checker” tool to test for dangerous interactions
- “Natural Medicines Effectiveness Checker” tool to find out what is recommended for certain conditions
- “Nutrient Depletion Checker” to identify potential nutrient depletion issues caused by medications (includes a rating of the clinical significance)
The Database editors use the same evidence-based standards to evaluate alternative therapies that they use to evaluate conventional drug therapies.
Put the Database through its paces until Sept. 14. Comments to email@example.com
1 Comment »
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI
It is a great resource!