E-ZBorrow — A New Look to Help Get the Books You Need
by Gerald Dierkes
E-ZBorrow has improved!
Falvey Library’s new E-ZBorrow system now makes it easier for you to obtain the books you need from other libraries:
- Advanced search option—allows you to combine search terms (title and author’s name, for example) to focus your search
- Search all E-ZBorrow member libraries’ catalogs with one search (instead of three separate searches).
- If E-ZBorrow member libraries don’t have the title you need, link to ILLiad to request the book through interlibrary loan without having to re-enter your search terms.
Three things to remember—
1. E-ZBorrow is faster than ILLiad and provides a more generous renewal policy.
2. E-ZBorrow is for books only. For articles, use ILLiad.
3. Only current Villanova students, faculty, and staff may use E-ZBorrow or ILLiad.
The new E-ZBorrow also has a new look!
Step 1. At the E-ZBorrow log in page, type your 16-digit Wildcard number into the “Patron Id” field, and click Login.
Step 2. At the search page, you have two options:
Enter a title, author’s name or similar search term into the data field, and click Search.
You can also click Advanced Search if you wish to combine search terms.
(After clicking Search, give the search results list a few seconds to resolve.)
Step 3. Click on the title you want; then wait for the following message to appear:
Click here to request this item from E-ZBorrow
Step 4. In the Select a Pickup Location data field, choose Falvey Circulation 221,
and click Request.
You will see the following confirmation in Relais:
Your request has been submitted to E-Z Borrow (Request Number: VIL-#######)
After submitting your request, you will receive a system-generated confirmation via e-mail.
In 3 – 5 weekdays, another e-mail will be sent telling you that your book has arrived at Falvey Library. Pick it up at the Access Services desk.
Other contributors include Luisa Cywinski
1 Comment »
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI
The new system is getting hit pretty hard from users at 50 libraries…if you get an error message, please try your request in a few minutes or later in the day. Thanks for your patience!