Ancient Philosophy Society
19-22 April 2012 at the University of San Francisco
- Papers are invited by e-mail attachment to email@example.com on any topic in ancient Greek and Roman philosophy. In light of the vibrant political scene of the city of San Francisco, papers on the theme of polis are particularly welcome. Deadline: Tuesday 15 November 2011.
- The author’s name, institution, or references pertaining to the identity of the author must be omitted from the paper, notes, and bibliography. The e-mail accompanying the submission must include the author’s name, the title of the paper, address, telephone, and e-mail address.
- Papers must be written in English.
- Submission implies that the paper is entirely the author’s own unpublished work and that, where appropriate, the contributions of others are acknowledged.
- Those who participate in the meetings of the APS must be members in good standing.
- Membership information is available at www.ancientphilosophysociety.org.
- Papers may not exceed 3,000 words of text (30 minutes’ reading time), exclusive of footnotes and bibliography. Longer papers will not be forwarded to the Program Committee; abstracts will not be considered for the program.
- Papers may be submitted in MS Word™, rtf, or pdf (and pdf is preferred if untransliterated Greek is used).
- Because papers selected for presentation are collected and provided to meeting participants, please observe the following conventions: single-spacing, 1-inch margins on all sides, pages numbered, 12-point font for text, 10-point for footnotes.
- Only one submission per author will be considered and no one may present a paper in consecutive years.
- Receipt of papers will be acknowledged by e-mail.
- Decisions will be reached by early January 2012 and authors will be notified by e-mail.
- For current information about the meeting, consult the APS website: www.ancientphilosophysociety.org.
- Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APS 2012 Local Arrangements Committee:
Marjolein Oele, email@example.com
Office: (415) 422-4369
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.