1. Bring your Villanova University Wildcard: to enter the Library, to check out books, DVDs, library laptops and reserve readings, to use a group study room, to print and much more.
2. The Falvey home page is your gateway to rich resources, collections and services.
3. Check out the library catalog for print and web holdings: books, magazines, DVDs, audio books, new fiction, popular reading and more. Now the catalog links you to articles too!
4. Use the public computers for word processing, e-mail and other applications. Other services: wireless connectivity, printing, photocopying, scanning and the library print center.
5. Need a late night place to study? Try the after-hours 24/7 study lounge. When the Library is closed, enter by swiping your Wildcard at the exterior lounge door. Meet here during the day for coffee and special events.
6. Library materials have Library of Congress (LC) call numbers, not Dewey Decimal, so items are shelved alphabetically by the first letters of the call number, and then numerically (LA229.P34). There are three floors of circulating books above the main floor.
7. Some current issues of magazines, newspapers and journals are available for browsing on the first floor. Many are online, so check Journal Finder or the library catalog. Print back issues are in a separate collection in Garey Hall. You can retrieve them by linking to Interlibrary Loan on our home page. This will take you to the ILLiad patron login screen where you can request electronic delivery of articles from the Falvey Library or Garey Hall collections.
8. Can’t find what you need? Use E-ZBorrow and Interlibrary Loan to borrow items not owned by Falvey — at no charge to you.
9. Need a good job? Falvey employs student workers in many departments, such as Events and Outreach, Access Services, the Digital Library and Resource Management. Call 610-519-4291.
10. Need help? Ask at the Information desk, call 610-519-4270, or use Live Chat. Need help with research? Ask a research consultation librarian, make an appointment, call 610-519-4273 or e-mail your query.
Above all, do not hesitate to ask for assistance. We are here to connect you to the information you need, regardless of format or location. We are committed to your success!
Contributed by Judy Olsen and others