Get to the deeper meaning of your favorite movies and television shows!
Ever wonder why Batman never kills the Joker? Wondering about the philosophical interpretation of all that awkwardness on The Office? Take a book from the Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series home over Thanksgiving Break!
Batman and philosophy: the dark knight of the soul
Edited by Mark D. White and Robert Arp
“Why doesn’t Batman kill the Joker?”
“Should Bruce Wayne have become Batman?”
“Alfred, the Dark Knight of faith: Batman and Kierkegaard”
“Why Batman is better than Superman”
The Office and philosophy: scenes from the unexamined life
Edited by Jeremy Wisnewski
“Can Michael ever learn? empathy and the self-other gap (US)”
“The virtues of humor : what The office can teach us about Aristotle’s ethics (UK)”
“Humiliation in The office (and at home) (US)”
“The hostile office : Michael as a sexual harasser (US)”
Other titles include:
- The Daily show and philosophy : moments of zen in the art of fake news
- House and philosophy : everybody lies
- Ultimate Lost and philosophy
- Iron Man and philosophy: facing the Stark reality
- Twilight and philosophy : vampires, vegetarians, and the pursuit of immortality
- Watchmen and philosophy : a Rorschach test
Research Support Librarian
0 Comments »
No comments yet.