Qualitative methods of research are essential to nursing research. Often denigrated as inferior to quantitative research, qualitative research methods answer “the why questions that researchers have in mind when they develop their projects.”
Become better acquainted with the elements of qualitative research by browsing the Sage Encyclopedia of Qualitative Research Methods, now available online along with over 200 other specialized and authoritative encyclopedias produced by Sage Publishers.
As an added bonus, the Sage e-reference collection offers a citation tool allowing you to cite encyclopedia articles in correct APA style. Other useful features are the numerous active hyperlinks to supplemental readings, as well as the capability to send articles by e-mail.
Here are other titles in the Sage collection that you will find invaluable for nursing:
- Encyclopedia of Interpersonal Violence
- Encyclopedia of Measurement and Statistics
- Encyclopedia of Multicultural Psychology
- Encyclopedia of Obesity
- Encyclopedia of Stem Cell Research
- Encyclopedia of Substance Abuse Prevention, Treatment & Recovery
- Encyclopedia of Survey Research Methods
- Handbook of Death & Dying